With the start of the pool season upon us in many areas (and already started in others) we thought we might put together a checklist of all the things you'll need for your Mommy Bag/Pool Bag. This checklist will help you stay organized (and it'll help you avoid embarrassing situations and miserable children!) Now, while you don't always need everything here (there is a limit to your superpowers after all (lol) these are the essentials.
- Swimsuits (along with an emergency backup pair or two)
- Swimsuit cover-ups
- Swim diapers
- Towels, especially if they don't have those at the pool. An extra one never hurt, either.
- Really cool pool toys (if allowed) though those may not fit in your bag!
- Lots of plastic bags for wet items (and one large one in case of an unexpected downpour)
- Sunglasses for everyone (and hats or visors) and then have extras on hand for when they get lost
- Goggles for each kid, different sizes if needed. Nothing is more uncomfortable to a kid then bad-fitting goggles
- Flip-flops or shoes for the pool (and an extra pair or two, just for emergencies)
- Clean underwear and/or diapers, because emergencies happen. Often. And this will allow you to completely be ready for them.
- Shampoo (if the kids get a chance to shower. That'll help rinse out some of the chlorine and chemicals).
- Combs and brushes so your darlings look spiffy and clean afterwards :-)
- Bottled water for each kid, light snacks for when they're peckish, and extra quarters (change, money) for vending machines if needed
- Wet wipes for the unexpected, along with a small bottle of hand sanitizer so they don't pick up germs there
Some of these are really going all-out, but there'll always be that one time that you need them!
- A bottle of eye drops (don't you remember getting chlorine in your eyes?!)
- A small bottle of Pepto-Bismol, some small packs of children's aspirin
- A warm sweatshirt for that child who gets the chills (keep a few more in the car for when they all want one)
- Kids Band-Aids®, a small first aid kit, some portable packs of Kleenex® when they get the sniffles, and those folded-up portable ponchos for rain emergencies.
- A tube of Chapstick, ear plugs (you'll thank me later for those), a portable DVD player that runs on rechargeable batteries plus a few books (when boredom sets in, a few coloring books and crayons for the younger kids, same boredom)
- Notepad and pen in case you need to write anything down/inspiration/recipe shared by a neighbor
- And finally, a phone charger for your phone (or a portable solar backup) so you don't miss any important pictures of the kids
Well, that should get you started. And if you are a Super Mommy who can fit all that in your one bag, you truly deserve an award! Well done!
#swimmingpool #poolbag #beingprepared #poolchecklist
Bag available at: https://www.etsy.com/listing/194245442/the-big-mommy-bag-extra-large-custom?ref=market